Dr. Jeffrey Bush is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in hip and knee replacement surgery and arthroscopy. Along with his brother, Matthew Bush, also a CMO physician, Dr. Bush is carrying on the family tradition as third-generation orthopaedic surgeons. He joined CMO in 2006, and he is currently the Medical Director of the Orthopaedic Institute of Central Maine (OICM).
I grew up on a farm in Pennsylvania with my brother Matt who is also a CMO physician. We are carrying on the family tradition as third-generation orthopaedic surgeons. Our grandfather, Leonard F. Bush, founded the orthopaedics department at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania. Our father, David C. Bush, practiced hand surgery at Geisinger.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Maine Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons (MSOS)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Maine Medical Association (MMA)
Education & Training
- Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA, Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, Master of Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
- Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA
- UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center, New Brunswick, NJ, residency in orthopaedic surgery
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, fellowship in adult reconstructive surgery