Dr. James Timoney is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine, with a special emphasis on foot and ankle surgery. He has experience in a broad spectrum of problems from sports injuries and occupational injuries to developmental and degenerative problems.
I am very impressed with my Central Maine Orthopaedics’ partners. We work closely together, sharing experience and knowledge. I trained and started practicing in the U.S. Navy. This allowed me to see a large cross-section of practice styles and abilities. The people at CMO are among the very best I have met. The team work ethic allows our patients to benefit from the combined skills and experience of everyone on staff.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society (AOFAS)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
- Flying Physicians Association
- Maine Medical Association (MMA)
- Maine Osteopathic Association
- Maine Society for Orthopedic Surgeons (MSOS)
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ, Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Master of Science, Biomechanical Engineering
- University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, Biddeford, ME
- Naval Hospital Oakland, Oakland, CA, residency in orthopaedic surgery