Dr. Michael Regan is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in spine surgery, total joint surgery, and general orthopaedics. He joined CMO in 1997, and is the Surgical Director of Maine Spinecare.
I was a biology major in college and went to medical school because some of my friends were going. When I was a resident at Maine Medical Center in the late 80s, I was assisting an orthopaedic surgeon on a broken ankle case. He handed me a drill and told me to put the screws into the fibula. As soon as I did it, I knew I had found my specialty.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Maine Medical Association (MMA)
- Maine Society of Orthopedic Surgeons (MSOS)
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- Williams College, Williamstown, MA, Bachelor of Arts
- University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
- Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME, residency in general surgery,
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, PA, residency in orthopaedic surgery,
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, fellowship in orthopaedic spine surgery