Dr. Matthew Bush is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in hand and upper extremity surgery. As with all CMO surgeons, Dr. Bush uses leading edge technologies and practices. One of his areas of expertise is in reverse shoulder joint replacement. Dr. Bush joined CMO in 2006, and he currently serves as the CMO Board President.
I chose Central Maine Orthopaedics over other opportunities because it’s an ideal practice setting fully dedicated to orthopaedics. Everything is organized around the patient. We have more health professionals per patient than other facilities might offer. The CMO center is a controlled environment where patients feel comfortable, safe, and relaxed. I couldn’t ask for a better place to practice my specialty.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Candidate Member, American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH)
- Maine Medical Association (MMA)
- American Society of Orthopedic Surgeons (ASOS)
Education & Training
- Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH, Bachelor of Arts, Chemistry
- Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY
- Hospital for Special Surgery, New York, NY, residency in orthopaedic surgery,
- Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI, residency in orthopaedic surgery,
- Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC, fellowship in hand and upper extremity surgery