Dr. David Brown is a board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in major orthopaedic trauma caused by accidents or injuries. He joined CMO in 1991.
I decided that I wanted to get into medicine because my father was a doctor. He had the ability and skills to save someone’s life, and if I were ever in a situation where someone’s life was on the line, I wanted to have the same skills as my dad. I decided orthopaedic trauma was the field I wanted to be in because the skills are so tangible, and I now get to practice the life saving skills I always wanted to. It’s a great feeling.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Maine Medical Association (MMA)
- Maine Society of Orthopedic Surgeons (MSOS)
Education & Training
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, Bachelor of Arts
- Albany Medical College of Union University, Albany, NY
- State University of New York at Stony Brook School of Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook, NY, residency in orthopaedic surgery,
- Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA, fellowship in sports medicine