Maine Orthopaedic Foundation
Our community involvement
In 2004, the partners of Central Maine Orthopaedics (CMO) created the Maine Orthopaedic Foundation. Fully funded by our partners, the Maine Orthopaedic Foundation provides financial support to a variety of community programs and organizations. We believe that great healthcare begins in the community where you live, work, and play. The Maine Orthopaedic Foundation is our way of giving back to the many groups that work to enrich the daily lives of people in our area, including all of us who work at CMO.
Recent Maine Orthopaedic Foundation donations and sponsorships include:
- Rebuilding Together Lewiston/Auburn
- Pathways, Inc.
- Safe Voices
- YMCA Triple Crown 5k series –– presenting sponsor
- The Chamber’s 11th Annual Scholarship Scramble
- American Lung Association of Maine
- Westbrook Seals
- L/A Arts
- Common Ties
- Special Olympics Maine
- Sisters of Charity With All Our Hearts Campaign
- Central Maine Adaptive Sports
- United Way of Androscoggin County
- Pine Tree Society for Pine Tree Camp
We at Central Maine Orthopaedics (CMO) also believe it is our responsibility to be involved in the community in which we live. And we believe in helping people who live in our communities to become stronger and healthier. That is why we offer our time and expertise to a variety of programs and actively promote wellness to our patients. For instance:
- CMO Physician Assistant Aaron Copeland participated in “Trek Across Maine” to benefit the American Lung Association.
- Healthy Androscoggin’s Work Healthy Award Program honored CMO with a Gold Award for its efforts in providing employees with a smoke-free environment, physical activity programs, and healthy eating options.
- CMO employees and family members participated in the Rebuilding Together L/A initiative to preserve affordable home ownership and help revitalize communities.
- CMO surgeon Paul Cain is the team physician for Bates College.
- CMO has a Couch-to-5k Program where new and experienced runners come together weekly to train for local road races such as the Triple Crown 5k Series, Bands on the Run Half Marathon & 5k, and the Dempsey Challenge.
- CMO participates in the United Way’s Pack the Pantry initiative with the United Way of Androscoggin County.
- CMO doctors Michael F. Regan, Jeffrey L. Bush, and David G. Brown traveled to Haiti in 2010 to assist the overwhelming number of people with serious earthquake injuries.
- CMO’s Dr. Michael C. Saraydarian and Dr. Paul R. Cain participate annually in international charitable care for limb preservation in Honduras.
- CMO annually has a team participating in the Dempsey Challenge.