Gianelia (John) F. Guernelli, M.D.
Dr. “John” Guernelli is a specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation — recognized as one of the most important specialties for addressing neck and back issues.
The greatest satisfaction I get is in reducing pain and improving patients’ comfort and activity level. It’s a wonderful feeling when folks tell me they can garden now, or walk, and couldn’t before. They go on vacation or play with their grandchildren, and they thank me.
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Pain Management
- Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (ABEM)
- American Board of Pain Management (ABPM)
- Association of Academic Physiatrists (APM)
- International Spinal Injection Society (ISIS)
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
Education & Training
- Manhattan College, New York, NY, Bachelor of Science, Biology
- The University of Newcastle, Australia, Master of Science, Pain Medicine
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, assistant professor
- Danbury Hospital, CT, internship in internal medicine
- Montefiore Medical Center, New York, NY, residency